Changing Your Name After Divorce: Who Do You Tell?

There are many different ways a couple shows their commitment and togetherness after marriage. One of these ways is by the wife taking the husband’s last name. Millions of women change their last names every year once married. Unfortunately, half of these marriages won’t last. When a couple files for divorce, the woman may want to go back to her maiden name, and although process is fairly simple, there are many people you have to inform about the name change to make it official.

Changing your name after divorce is a big step towards moving on with your life. If you or someone you know is currently going through divorce, make sure you have an experienced legal representative on your side. Get the legal assistance you need today by calling the Conroe & Spring divorce lawyers of Garg & Associates, P.C. today at 800-242-2151 and speak with a caring attorney.

Who Has to Know?

When you change your name after divorce, there are many places and people you must inform. If you want to change your name back to your maiden name, be sure to let the following people or places know:

  • The judge in your divorce case
  • Social Security Administration
  • Department of Motor Vehicles
  • Credit card companies
  • Your landlord (if applicable)
  • The post office
  • Your bank

Contact Us

You need experienced and caring legal assistance during this time. Please contact the Conroe & Spring divorce lawyers of Garg & Associates, P.C. today at 800-242-2151 and schedule a free consultation.

firm info  |  practice areas  |  articles  |  faqs  |  blog  |  contact us  |  resources  |  Find us on Google+  |   Log in  |  Site Map

Garg & Associates, PC | 21 Waterway Avenue, Suite 300 | The Woodlands, Texas 77380 Please call 281-362-2865 | Fax: 866-743-4506
Serving The Woodlands, Spring, Houston, Conroe, Kingwood, Tomball, Cypress, Huntsville, Cleveland, Stafford, Montgomery County, Harris County, West Oaks, Memorial, Sugar
Land, River Oaks, Alief, Stafford, Missouri City, and Southwest Houston Texas.