Increased Projected Income and Divorce

With the divorce rate hovering around 50 percent for first marriages across the United States, couples are choosing to end their marriages for a number of different reasons. Deciding to divorce is only the beginning. You and your spouse must then make arrangements for child support, child custody, visitation, and alimony. If you have a projected increase in income, you may be expected to bear a greater degree of financial responsibility than your former spouse.

The relationship between your finances or projected finances and divorce is a very important part of your case. To learn more about how these considerations may affect your divorce, contact the Conroe & Spring divorce lawyers of Garg & Associates, P.C., at 800-242-2151 to schedule a consultation.

What Happens if You Have an Increased Income Projection?

If you and your spouse are working through your divorce process and you have a projected increase in income, your financial responsibilities after divorce may be significantly higher than your spouse’s. A projected increase in income could affect the following:

  • Division of property and other assets
  • Amount of child support
  • Amount to be paid in spousal support (alimony)

The failure to adequately plan for and understand the financial effects of a divorce can leave one reeling when the matter is resolved. Do not allow yourself to be caught off guard.

Contact Us

At Garg & Associates, P.C., our Conroe & Spring divorce lawyers are dedicated to helping our clients with every aspect of their divorce, including the impact of a projected income increase. Contact us by calling 800-242-2151 today.




firm info  |  practice areas  |  articles  |  faqs  |  blog  |  contact us  |  resources  |  Find us on Google+  |   Log in  |  Site Map

Garg & Associates, PC | 21 Waterway Avenue, Suite 300 | The Woodlands, Texas 77380 Please call 281-362-2865 | Fax: 866-743-4506
Serving The Woodlands, Spring, Houston, Conroe, Kingwood, Tomball, Cypress, Huntsville, Cleveland, Stafford, Montgomery County, Harris County, West Oaks, Memorial, Sugar
Land, River Oaks, Alief, Stafford, Missouri City, and Southwest Houston Texas.