Limited Contact with Biological Parents

Contact between a parent and a child is a very important part of the development of any young person. But in certain circumstances, the state may rule that a termination of parental rights is in the best interest of a child. A termination of parent-child relationship can be instituted for the safety of a child or for his or her proper care. But a parent’s inability to provide for a child does not mean that his or her right to contact and interact with the child should be entirely eliminated.

If your parent-child relationship has been terminated by a court order, you may still be able to interact with your child. The state of Texas seeks to serve the best interests of each child. An experienced family attorney can help you prove that your interaction with your child is also in his or her best interest. Please contact the Conroe family law attorneys of Garg & Associates, P.C., by calling 281-210-0100 for more information.

Post-Termination Contact

If a parent has voluntarily relinquished his or her parental rights after taking the proper steps for mediation, the parent may still retain the right to have contact with his or her children. The court may determine that contact may be in the best interest of the child, and therefore allow a certain degree of contact, including:

  • Limited access to the child
  • Written communication with the child
  • Receiving specific information about the child

This kind of contact does not restore any parental rights, but it may nonetheless be beneficial for the child or children involved.

Contact Us

If you believe that contact with your biological child would be in his or her best interest, please contact the Conroe family law attorneys at Garg & Associates, P.C., at 281-210-0100 to discuss your legal options.

firm info  |  practice areas  |  articles  |  faqs  |  blog  |  contact us  |  resources  |  Find us on Google+  |   Log in  |  Site Map

Garg & Associates, PC | 21 Waterway Avenue, Suite 300 | The Woodlands, Texas 77380 Please call 281-362-2865 | Fax: 866-743-4506
Serving The Woodlands, Spring, Houston, Conroe, Kingwood, Tomball, Cypress, Huntsville, Cleveland, Stafford, Montgomery County, Harris County, West Oaks, Memorial, Sugar
Land, River Oaks, Alief, Stafford, Missouri City, and Southwest Houston Texas.