Temporary Injunctions

The stress of a divorce can cause people to behave in an uncharacteristic manner. Especially in the case of heated or contentious divorce, either party in the divorce may be liable to act out in harmful ways. This may occur in actions against property or other persons. Because of this threat, the court may enforce or institute an injunction against certain actions and activities. These actions can be mandated without the request of either party if the court feels it necessary.

If you would like to seek a temporary injunction or want to understand an injunction to which you are being subjected, we can help. Contact the Conroe divorce attorneys at Garg & Associates, P.C., by calling 281-210-0100 today.

What Injunctions Can the Court Order?

Each divorce proceeding is unique and may have significant implications on the lives of all parties involved. Because of the large number of variables that must be considered in a divorce, the court has a number of different actions it can take to protect its ability to make informed and fair decisions. The following temporary injunctions can be ordered in a divorce case:

  • Requiring an inventory of all real and personal property
  • Requiring payments be made to spouses
  • Requiring the production of tangible objects to the court
  • Requiring payment of reasonable court and attorney’s fees
  • Requiring the protection of personal property during the case
  • Appointing one spouse in residence of a shared home
  • Allowing a spouse to continue with occupational routine or activities

Contact Us

For assistance in furthering your understanding of how temporary injunctions can affect your divorce, please contact the Conroe divorce attorneys at Garg & Associates, P.C., by calling 281-210-0100.

firm info  |  practice areas  |  articles  |  faqs  |  blog  |  contact us  |  resources  |  Find us on Google+  |   Log in  |  Site Map

Garg & Associates, PC | 21 Waterway Avenue, Suite 300 | The Woodlands, Texas 77380 Please call 281-362-2865 | Fax: 866-743-4506
Serving The Woodlands, Spring, Houston, Conroe, Kingwood, Tomball, Cypress, Huntsville, Cleveland, Stafford, Montgomery County, Harris County, West Oaks, Memorial, Sugar
Land, River Oaks, Alief, Stafford, Missouri City, and Southwest Houston Texas.