When Alimony Payments Can Change

After a divorce, one spouse may still need financial support to maintain a reasonable standard of living. This is especially common if one spouse was not working during the relationship. If you are either receiving are paying alimony after your divorce, it is important to understand that these payments can be changed. In the event that such a modification is necessary, it is advisable to consult with a skilled and experienced attorney.

For more information regarding alimony modification, contact the Conroe & Spring divorce lawyers of Garg & Associates, P.C., by calling 800-242-2151 today. You should not be overpaying or under-receiving spousal support due to changes in circumstance.

Why Alimony Payments Change

Alimony payments do not change in every case. However, it is important that you are aware of the possibility that they might change so that you can be prepared to take action when appropriate. Your alimony payments may change for any of the following reasons:

  • The receiving spouse‚Äôs income increases
  • The income of the paying spouse decreases
  • The receiving spouse gets a job and no longer needs as much financial support
  • Either spouse loses their job
  • The receiving spouse remarries

To determine whether it may be appropriate to seek a modification of alimony payments in your case, we would encourage you to speak with a compassionate and knowledgeable attorney.

Contact Us

Whether you are receiving or paying alimony, you may want to make adjustments to the payment amount. To learn more, contact the Conroe & Spring divorce lawyers of Garg & Associates, P.C., at 800-242-2151.

firm info  |  practice areas  |  articles  |  faqs  |  blog  |  contact us  |  resources  |  Find us on Google+  |   Log in  |  Site Map

Garg & Associates, PC | 21 Waterway Avenue, Suite 300 | The Woodlands, Texas 77380 Please call 281-362-2865 | Fax: 866-743-4506
Serving The Woodlands, Spring, Houston, Conroe, Kingwood, Tomball, Cypress, Huntsville, Cleveland, Stafford, Montgomery County, Harris County, West Oaks, Memorial, Sugar
Land, River Oaks, Alief, Stafford, Missouri City, and Southwest Houston Texas.